Friday 6 January 2012

Steveston Seafood House

Me and Michael were suppose to go to a restaurant I had been wanting to try for awhile in Vancouver. But we got lazy and decided to stay local.

We ended up going to Steveston Seafood House on 3951 Moncton St in Steveston Village. This place is one Michael's favorite places to eat. They offer fish steak instead of the more usual fried fish. Tonight we ordered our regular, we started off with the Appetizer Platter for $11.25 per person, it served  prawns, scallops, smoked salmon, crab cakes, shrimp, calamari and fresh shucked oysters.

Appetizer Platter

The marinara sauce on the side went lovely together with the prawns and  cakes.  For our entree I got my usual Seafood Penne in a creamy tomato sauce, a medley of halibut, salmon, scallops, and prawns, for $20. The large plate was too much for me to eat, I did the best I could. Michael had the Misoyaki Sablefish for $25. He said that it was little salty for his liking, but other then that he had a blast eating at the restaurant. He always does.

Seafood Penne

Steveston Seafood's environment is pretty ordinary with a few fishing and boat decorations. This restaurant is not a place where I would bring a lot of our young friends to, but it seems to draw many of the senior locals around the area. With the total coming to $91.22 including tip I would say this dinner was a fair success! I know for sure Michael would want to return to this restaurant pretty soon.

Misoyaki Sablefish

On a side note, Vancouver Dine Out 2012 is coming soon. Michael and especially myself are looking forward to this culinary adventure. I am extremely looking forward to it because, out of all the times I have been to dine out I have never experienced a restaurant that knocked my socks and left me feeling WOW! and each year I always look forward to finding this experience. Hopefully this year I will get what I want from one of these restaurants. Fingers crossed.


Follow me on Twitter!


Steveston Seafood House on Urbanspoon

No comments: